View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
SARAFIL
I like BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: X5 M50 / M550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
I'm going to be getting rid of the truck at somepoint. I have a good relationship with a local auto group, this is at one of their stores.

http://uftringautogroup.com/Vehicle.aspx?v=1882034

I'm looking for a small, fun, kick-around car. I can't remember when MINI came out with the new motors and all that stuff. I'm assuming this is over-priced, but I don't know much about MINI's. Is this a nice car?
Buy used if you want a heavily optioned car or a convertible, because they do not hold their value as well. You can get a great deal on a heavily optioned car because it is worth basically the same as a basic model on the used market.

For a basic car like this, you are so much better with a new one. A new one would start at $19,200 and you get the full warranty & maintenance plan and no miles. It looks like the only options I see on this car are metallic paint and chromeline exterior... a combined total of $750 at 2009 prices, so a brand new one like this would be $19,950. That car probably stickered for about $18,500-18,900 in 2006. I'd say you should be paying $13000-14000 for this to make sense, and they probably wont sell it to you that cheap.

The new models came out in 2007, do this is the old body-style and old engine.