View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 08:37 AM   #7
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
The car went to service a few days ago they said the right front and back tires need to be replaced, I checked it out to today and they are exactly at the wear bars but nothing close to being worn to the thread, fortunately they wore out evenly ... I would be surprised if we put 500 miles on the car in the next few months so I think I will wait it out.

My other thinking is give the car back next month and give him the Cayman or 540 for the few miles he needs to drive ... It’s not like we are going anywhere and we are picking up my daughters Q5 on Wednesday so there are plenty of cars if someone needs one.
That makes good sense. I am driving only once or twice a week these days. And half of that is just due to shared custody arrangements.

BTW, have you driven a Q3? I am still dithering about a more practical car. Driving my dogs around in the convertible is not ideal. Reviews I’ve read give the edge to the X1. I didn’t love the X1 when I drove it, but it would probably be OK if I can keep the 2. Another factor is, I have an Audi dealer very close to where I live, whereas the BMW dealers are now 10-20 miles away...The Audi dealer near me has several Allroads on the lot (and the pricey A6 wagon), but they are substantially more than the Q3...
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote