Thread: Dial 911
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 09:11 PM   #843
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Yeah i definitely prefer the 991.2- the updated PCM and aesthetic improvements alone do it for me. Plus I'm used to turbo engines now. Good call on the Fidelity warranty- hadn't considered that angle. I'd like for this car to be as much of a daily driver as possible, and I think the low end torque of the turbo motor will help in that respect too.

I think heated seats were standard right? I would like keyless entry- forgot that's not standard. Also would like adaptive cruise control- although that's pretty hard to find. Since I'll likely be targeting base carreras, I'm guessing it will be hard to find more loaded versions. Most of what I've seen so far (in my admittedly brief searches) was that they tend to have 5-10k of options at most. I'm very much in the exploratory phase; doubt I'd actually purchase anything for another 5-6 months.
]

Heated seats are not standard (not many things are), which is why the Premium Package Plus option is important.
you've probably heard of the VIN Analyitics page, where you can enter a VIN # and get a build sheet, but the even better option is to install the VIN Analytics Chrome Extension (You get a little yellow VA button to the right of teh address bar). With that installed, you can just click it from any porsche for sale ad on any site and it will open a new tab with the build sheet. It really helps when browsing cars.com or something similar where the dealers have no clue what they are selling.

In all my looking from November to March, I don't think I saw a single car with adaptive cruise.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote