View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 09:17 PM   #467
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post

OK, pulled the trigger, too. Red/white, Performance, 20" wheels because I am a fucking masochist. Delivery Oct-Dec.

I'm still a little unsure about how good an idea trading the Model S is on this--in some ways it is not an upgrade (size, lack of an opening roof, lack of XM, lack of a spare, some other small stuff).

In other ways, though, it really is. It's faster than even the P85+, it handles a LOT better and feels like far more of a sports sedan, the seats are a lot nicer, and it has 60 extra miles of range, which will be nice to have on trips.

Plus, look--I support this company and I support its mission. Musk is a lunatic in some ways and is clearly going through personal hell, but Tesla's accomplishments to date are unbelievable and I want to see them succeed. I especially want to see them succeed in light of the current administration's stupidity about climate change. And I want to take advantage of the tax credit, both because I want to save money and because I want the Trump administration to pay me to buy an electric car.
Congrats. Will be curious to see how the white holds up. I didn’t want to take the risk.

Speaking of trades, I received the trade quote from Tesla last night. Let’s just say it was at the low end of the plausible range. I’m heading to Carmax for a quote on Sunday — if they offer at least $1600 more, it’s theirs (although I’ll hold on selling it for a week). Tomorrow is cleaning day...

Delivery is tentatively Sun the 26th.