View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 01:29 PM   #149
blee
Doctor Mudgeon

Couple other notes:

The shifter is freaking amazing. I bought an AutoSolutions "AutoCross" short shift kit, stock height, 20% shift reduction. It replaced what I believe was an older Rogue kit with a weighted selector rod. This kit is super smooth and a real joy to use. Installation was kind of a pain...okay, it was a giant pain.

At some point, the bolt that attaches the brake line bracket to my right rear trailing arm snapped off at the end. Someone "repaired" this with a zip tie. I tried to extract it with a generic EZ-Out, which promptly snapped off within the bolt. The solution required a lot (A LOT) of cursing, followed by some patient drilling and re-tapping. In the end, I got the original sized bolt to go in smoothly again. But I didn't enjoy it.

Final note, for now: The harness connectors for my rear wheel speed sensors are toast. They started to crumble as I tried to disconnect them, so I left them alone and just removed the sensors at the hubs. If/when the sensors go bad, I'll have to do some cutting and crimping to replace them. I suppose that's not unexpected for 17-year-old plastic, but I feel like BMW could have done better here.

blee is offline   Reply With Quote