View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 08:16 AM   #12
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
If you've got the space, keep it. It's a nice in-between car, and since you have the time and talent to keep it running, the benefit from keeping miles off the Porsche on shitty days probably far outweighs what you'll spend maintaining it.

Alternately, fix it up, do a thread like you did for Matt's car, and list it for (relatively) big $$$. I suspect you could get top-of-market for the car, given the way you take care of and document things, and if you don't, keep it.
Yes, I think the value of it as a "shitty day" car is greater than the book value or likely market value.

I hear what you're saying about fixing everything and putting it up for sale with a big number on it, but I don't sense that the market would bear that for this car. One reason being the mileage is too high - when we're talking about a low mileage example (like my buddy's '04 STi) I think that approach works. But when mileage approaches 200k I sense people shy away no matter how well the car drives and looks. I can understand because I have the same psychological block when I'm car shopping.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote