View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 12:36 PM   #529
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
Haven't driven the i3, but I can't drive something that I would hate to walk out and see in the garage every morning. That, the Bolt and the Leaf all fall into that category of "nope."

The model 3 is dumb looking but it's not ugly. The Model S is a genuinely good-looking car.
We'll never agree on looks. You hate tall/dorky cars, e.g. e82 1-series or the 1M.

Nothing is as bad as the Model X, that's an abomination that no falcon wing can fix. Model S is not appealing to me, but it doesn't bother me. The Model 3 would be cool, but the mouthless front is jarring in a way the Model S front isn't. I'm also not that into the iPad on four wheels general design concept. The i3, that I had on an extended test drive, was very different. However, it's $45k price point is way off. The used market shows that.

Our driving situations are different as well. I live on a narrow street where a JGC or a 5-series is about as big a car as anyone can possibly handle or park. Boxy, high-visibility designs work much better than swoopy lower ones.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote