Thread: Tires?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
We have RE-050As on our Mazdaspeed 3. They are some of the loudest tires I've ever encountered. The wear has been great so far, and even as they wear they're good in the rain. But man are they noisy. Noisier than the snowtires!

Bren, I think Josh sometimes autocrosses on his street tires, so he might want them to be decent. I may be wrong, though.
Yeah, my initial plan was to get a new set of 710s, but the number of days where it's been unambiguously not rainy enough to risk driving to FedEx on R comps has been, to date, 1.

The autocross thing cuts both ways; on the one hand, I want decent tires. On the other, autocrossing tears the shit out of your street tires, so spending a monster premium for PS2s is hard to justify. I was thinking that made the AD-08s attractive, but I have no experience with them.

I can't keep the various Bridgestones straight, but I didn't really care for the OEM Bridgestones on either our WRX (RE070s?) or our 335 (but those were RFTs). I'd be willing to give the RE-11s a shot, I suppose.
JST is online now   Reply With Quote