View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 09:21 AM   #20
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
I know it was over a decade ago and bought as a steal in the depths of a recession, but the fact that I got a not-quite 2yo 987S loaded and CPO for $40k, makes it tough to swallow >$40k for a 7yo car. But these are different circumstances and supply is much smaller, so I expect the value to hold.
Are today's used prices consistent with what they were in January? Right now is a really weird time in the used car market. If we consider January "normal," wholesale used prices are up about 20% overall from normal. I haven't been paying attention to Porsche pricing through this, so I don't know how they fall in comparison to the general market.

Quote:
But again, since this is likely not to happen until next spring/summer, by then I will have had the M3 for 3 years, so if it becomes a less ideal choice after 3 years of use, that's not that big a deal.
By next spring/summer, used car values may have returned to normal as well. Maybe if you can prep yourself today to spend $50k, when the time actually comes, a $44k price is going to be a lot easier to mentally swallow?

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote