Thread: Dial 911
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 08:00 PM   #674
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Assuming prices are within $5k of each other, which one would you get and why?
So this is always personal... You know enough about cars, it shouldn't be spreadsheet optimization, you should WANT one more than the other.

There are things you may not have experienced so I guess forums can be a placeholder for test drive/experience, but only to a certain point. I vote for the C2. I've driven c2 & c4 back to back from 2004 through 2012. There is not a lot of difference to the drive on the street, perhaps the c4 has weightier steering, feels a bit less like a "911". On the track, the c2 was better than the c4 (for me), just as the coupe was better than the cab and the S was better than the non-S. The c2 engine revs up a little "freer".

I don't know what "LCA" is.

I do know that when I traded in my Macan turbo, not having the RS Spyder wheels hurt my resale. I just got full black wheels for the first time as my 340i winter set and they have grown on me; never thought I'd like them some years ago, and here I am catching up to fashion. I almost like them better than my anthracite stock track handling wheels.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote