Thread: Macan Turbo
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 11:14 AM   #6
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Disagree on the top end. Not sure what you had it loaded with but if you give the beans and stick to it; triple digits are easily within reach. There is a lot of torque though, so it's easy to short shift.

The Macan has very well-weighted and perhaps even communicative steering; it has a good amount of weight up front (56-57% ?) but has plenty of power on the rear and as such drives quite well in everyday situations. It's not large enough to provide much utility. Almost all of its utility can be captured by a 3-series wagon. Happens to be high and heavy, which means it eats more expensive tires, more brakes and more fuel. The weight & height are well-hidden in most reasonable driving, even somewhat spirited.

I miss the JGC diesel, utilitarian and economic in comparison, more. Too bad, idiot 20-year old crashed into it so hard. And that sloppy handling. I never lined up the right spec, color, condition Cayenne diesel in my area as I was originally shopping for to replace the JGC with. It was going to be a midwest purchase that was made difficult by the JGC accident. That and the macan turbo test drive made me pull an easier trigger. I don't regret my flight of fancy, but I don't miss the Macan either. I do think I'd have a higher chance of keeping a Cayenne diesel had I stuck to plan.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote