View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 10:57 AM   #56
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I don't think it's easy to have the same sort of jaded view of Tesla that you and Clyde have when you drive the car everyday, and everyday a) experience it as a real, legitimate car that isn't vaporware at all, and b) experience it as a car that is in most important ways still *years* ahead of any competitive product.
Oh, please. By that logic, Stalin’s Soviet Union was okay because he legitimately made the trains run on time, Hitler’s Germany was beyond reproach because his promises to ditch the Treaty of Versailles and the rise of a Third Reich were decidedly non-vaporware, and Trump’s America Made Great Again is unimpeachably great because it’s *years* ahead of any competitive nation’s dig for an absolute rock bottom.

I’ve never suggested Musk hasn’t delivered product. I’ve never suggested Tesla hasn’t or can’t deliver a car that works for certain people with certain use cases. I’ve criticized him and his company for deliberately making false claims, deceptive practices, and irresponsibly putting everyone in range of his company’s vehicles at risk of injury and death. I’ve criticized his disciples and evangelists for excusing, justifying, rationalizing, marginalizing, and ignoring their hero’s intentional false claims, deceptive practices, and reckless endangerment as well as their capability for self-delusion such as believing that because the product may work for them in their narrowly limited use case, it must work for the overwhelming majority for people in nearly all use cases.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote