Thread: 2017 M2 Manual
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 04:27 PM   #32
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Wow now this sounds cool ... I am with you on the sunroof ... i’ve had cars without it (R8 and now the Cayman) I don’t miss it but I always prefer to have it if it’s an available option.

Did you post a review on the M2 .... I’d be really interested in hearing it.

I have to say whenever I see an M2 which is btw very rare I love the badass look they gave it plus you know the person driving it is a fellow enthusiast.
Well I’ll start off by saying I’ve never driven an S55 car before so no M3/M4 with it.

I’ve heard they retuned it a bit in the M2 to deliver the power in a more linear fashion. Not all at once. I’ll I know is it loves to rev and you really don’t notice it being a turbo style motor. It has a 7600 rpm redline which is 600 more them my S62 and only 600 less then the glorious S65. This things scoots.

You need to be careful with it. To much in first gear from a light turning can induce a slide. It’s fairly small inside but not TO small. Everything is logically placed and at hand. It’s a step down to me quality wise compared to my M5 but still nice. The clutch is a little light but what you come to expect from modern BMW”s.

It’s a heavy car for what it is (3600ish) but coming from a 4000 pound cruiser with the same amount of hp it seems like a go cart in the turns. I also don’t mind the steering rack coming from the not so good rack in the M5.

The seats are fantastic. I think they are the same ones in the M3/4. The test drive was part twisties and part freeway so a good example of both. I honestly like the size of it. It reminds me size wise of my old E46 M3 but maybe smaller inside. I think it’s due to the high sills that are coming on a lot of new cars. When I got back into my E39 I just love how “low” everything is. The dash the door sills etc but what can you do.

It’s really nice to look at to. Very aggressive and a great stance. I’m pretty sold. There aren’t many fun manual cars left but this one def stands out to me.

Now about that “cow utter” exhaust. THAT will be the very first thing to go.