View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 09:31 AM   #9
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Have you driven the BRZ? That's what seals the deal with that car. A cayman it is not, but I did feel a bit of kinship. Much sweeter than a miata IMHO, much more like an rx-8 (with better mpg's!). Back seat is there but access is an issue. Cabin is small and dark, like a cave. But again, practicality is not what this car is about. It just has a minimum of it.

The outgoing 11-14 wrx's are excellent cars, better to drive than Sti's of same vintage, IMHO. Even 09-10's get the good engine, but the 11-14 get slightly different suspension and Sti-like fenders. The update looks good but so far is sedan only and displacement drops from 2.5 to 2.0. Interior may have improved a good amount, I haven't seen it yet. But the 2015+ is going to be a $30k car for some years anyway.

GTI is a good car, but not nearly as fun as the two above.

No comment on FoST, I personally don't like high hp FWD cars. I would like a Fiesta/Focus St or a MCS Cooper Works if I had four other cars, but not as my only 'fun' car. The driving experience is like walking an eager pup tugging at the leash... (I'll say that without having driven the recent Ford's, but I imagine the FWD+power has predictable results). They'd make great commuters.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote