View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 12:07 AM   #86
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Pull the trigger.

Like you said. Get to the other side of this. Clean and flexible.
So...

The $17319 offer was based on a different zip code and not attached to a Carvana account (I'd been playing with some details to see what impacts they may have on the offers). When I tried to save it to an freshly made account, I also tried updating the zip code. And that forced a reappraisal.

The offer dropped to $12,9xx.

I tried running it through again and it went up to $13,741 and, to see what would happen, clicked "save this offer."

Dumb.

I couldn't delete or remove the offer from my account and it seemed like I'd be tied to it since the VIN was attached. I started reloading URLs with tokens from my browser history, clicking stuff, and eventually seemed to save an offer from earlier today for $17015.

Phew?

One of the docs that has to be uploaded is a payoff quote if there's a note. My loan is through Citizens One (Citizens Bank). Their online info is deficient to say the least (har, har). To get a payoff quote, one needs to call, go through an automated menu and then request one be sent to you via fax. Because it's not 2020 Cornoavirus crazytime, it's late 1999 Y2K crazytime? But I get it sorted and upload my docs.

They say it takes 1-2 business days for them to verify things after which, they'll contact me and I can schedule a pick up time.

I also remembered after I did all this that I will probably lose my tags since I won't be trading in. Maryland allows easy transfer of tags from a vehicle you sell to a vehicle acquired at the same time. My memory is hazy, but my recollection is that they make it difficult to impossible to transfer from a vehicle you sell to a vehicle you already own. Branch offices are closed for C19 now, but I think the main office is functioning, so I plan to try calling.

Next up...let's see if I can quickly find a dirt cheap running Mustang that I can cheaply tag to give the TEAMWTF tags a place to go, use the Mustang ownership for a $3500 conquest rebate on a new Camaro 30 or more days later, and finally trade it in to get rid of it and make it easy to transfer the tags to the new Camaro.

Edit - I'm also curious about whether the MD non-essential business shutdown will kill the deal.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote