View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 09:52 PM   #9
BahnBaum
Tilting Rocinante

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
When I drove it, I was most amused that there was a warning message flashing when I first sat in the driver's seat telling me that something was failing (even it was a reasonable weather related thing). Hopefully, that's all that will happen.

The FoST steering ratio was variable from 13.7 at center to 10.1. Was 1.9 turns lock to lock IIRC (or maybe 2.1 if I don't?). I miss that in the Camaro. Enjoy the Alfa's!

I was not a fan of the paddles in my short drive. Too huge and too close to the wheels. Being fixed, I understand there's only so much you can do, but they kept getting in the way of my fingers when moving my hands on the wheel. The only car I have lots of miles in with paddles is the Outback. I don't know they're there unless I think about it. I like that.

My reading about the car described brakes like you described. Seems like the Achilles Heel for the car from a driving perspective. Hopefully, you'll get used to it enough.

I thought the displays looked nice in the Giulia. The 8 dash fuel gauge reminds me mentally (since I don't remember seeing it) of the C4 disco digital dash. 1983 tech right there.

I just googled stability defeat for the car and it looks like there may be some options (including fuse pulling) that would work for autocross if you don't feel compelled to compete in a Street (stock) class.

I would have preferred more vertical foot space in the rear seat. Having my feet on the floor with toes under the driver's seat, my toes didn't have enough room. Another half inch to inch would have been great.

Looking forward to seeing your experiences with it

I think the warning light was a forward parking sensor with snow on it. There was also weird behavior from the auto high beams when you drove it; I fixed that by disabling it. It appears that auto high beams in the Giulia doesn’t just mean turning them off when headlights are oncoming, but also turning them on under some vaguely defined conditions.

From what I had read, pulling the fuse to defeat esp and tc also appears to turn off dynamic mode, with its more aggressive shift and throttle mapping and suspension settings.

I don’t sit in the back, so my toes are fine.

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk