View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 09:35 AM   #129
bren
lawn boy

Carmudgeonly Ride: e46m3, f25x3,C5 Z06, C4 Vette, 06 CTD Ram, and a trailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I'm going to have to let myself think about the design a bit. I don't love the Continental nose, but maybe I will get used to it. I'm kind of bummed about it not being a hatch, but I can see the trade-off between headroom and hatch space making that difficult--the Model S already has not so much headroom, esp. without the glass roof.

I'm not sure the glass roof will be standard. Did Musk address that?

I'm also not sure how I feel about the Prius-esque IP. I get the rationale for it, but I'm not sold on the idea that a speed display in the corner of that screen is enough. A HUD wouldn't surprise me, though.

Overall? I'd say it meets or exceeds what I was expecting in most respects. I don't think anything I've seen is a deal breaker. We'll see how it develops.
I never heard any talk of the glass being optional. He went on about how it gives a spacious "feeling" numerous times.

This car looks to have a much higher roof profile than the mS. Outside of real estate agents, how many people actually put adults in the backseat anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Oh, and did anyone else notice? Adjustable seat belt mounts. Haven't seen those in a while.
You mean the slidey things for the shoulder belt height? Don't all (newish) cars have those?
bren is offline   Reply With Quote