View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 04:11 PM   #1426
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
The more I look into this, the more that X5 45e seems like the perfect next car for us. Reading on bimmerpost, new owners are easily getting 30 - 40 miles on charge with normal (non-eco) use.

This is a really good review and lines up with my thoughts on full electrics vs plug in, etc.

Thanks for that. It's a compelling package. Unless I'm missing something, there's also no reason to order the Msport--uness you want the steering wheel and huge rims.

This chart is interesting, and perhaps gives some insight into the improvements of the tech since the car JST drove.

I am stuck in a rental house for awhile and only have a regular outlet available to me in the garage. So, that, coupled with the fact that I prefer the smaller form factor of the X3 (X5 might not fit in the garage), the lower price point, and the fact that I work from home so city errands are under 18 miles R/T, makes me lean to the smaller SUV.

But the X5 looks like a better overall combo of engine and range. Plus, you get a normal load floor in the cargo area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 4.06.41 PM.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	12839  
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote