View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
BahnBaum
Tilting Rocinante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Wow. What a bunch of ninnies. I would rather be under this thing than a car on jack stands any day. The problem with this lift is two fold imo. First, my concrete slab is post tension, so I can't just install some bolts. Second, the cost is way too high. For $2k, I can get a four post lift that comes with a jack and stand option for getting the wheels off (as long as I buy it RIGHT NOW at the show as if it won't be at the next show). Four posters don't necessarily even have to be bolted down.

I am making the assumption that the lift shown here has a mechanical stop like all other lifts do. Assuming it's anchored properly (and that really isn't that hard) I think that support mechanism is WAY safer than jack stands. The height it will lift is actually a benefit imo as well - for the consumer garage, you won't have much more clearance than this. Even if you do have ceiling height, the garage door will limit your clearance. I understand the product. I just think it's over priced.
I didn't realize it was anchored. I thought you set it up when you wanted to use it. I admittedly only looked at the picture.

alex