View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 02:37 PM   #4
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Probably because it's premis is about being playful. It is t seen as the most sharpened track tool like they position the m4 to be. It's there to be fun, engaging and involving. The manual fits that better. I always describe my 1er as a puppy dog. It isn't particularly refined, but it loves to play.
Wonder if its the start of a more general trend as more and more buyers see the automotive industry trending toward more and more tech w/ less driver involvmennt. Porsche already experiences this "backlash" a few years ago and has since made a bigger commitment to keeping manuals alive. I think the novelty of fast shifting automatics has started to wear off as well...now that people are seeing that pretty much any EV can out accelerate all but the fastest ICE cars I'm guessing the pendulum is starting to swing back toward more analog experiences (atleast amongst buyers who identify as "enthusiasts"). There's not longer much bragging rights in talking about how your transmission can shift in 100 ms (or whatever) when an EV doesn't have to shift at all
robg is offline   Reply With Quote