Thread: Macan Turbo
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 07:26 AM   #44
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Cornering speed was never about absolute cornering speed for me, it was about feel and balance. The insane levels of grip from modern tires on wide wheels raises the car's capability to the point that it's often dangerous to dance on public roads. The answer to that question really is an NA Miata...on crappy tires at that.

Straight line speed...I don't know. I spent a day driving a friend's heavily modified sixth gen Camaro SS last year. It didn't have that much done to make more power, so it wasn't obscene, but driving on the freeway and getting into the throttle a bit was, um, eye-opening and usable often enough that it still sits in my head a year later.

OTOH, when I'm out with my wife, or kids, or any passengers, I'm pretty mindful of any driving action/maneuver that may be "fun" because it's not fun for them. At all. No matter what car. Unless it's someone like minded and looking for that experience.

Nice interior that's a decent place to sit forever, does the things you need it to do (back seat, cargo, etc), few things that drive you nuts, a solid and connected feel when driving, enough power to move when you can AND need to, and something that just makes you feel good to have.

Zen of Clyde.

Good post.

Everyone has to find their own comfort zone.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote