Thread: Macan Turbo
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 07:02 AM   #43
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
I just happen to have a Macan as a loaner and while it is a 4 cylinder turbo and nothing near the car Equ has I have to say I really am enjoying this car. It Is really comfortable and fun to drive .. it’s a little tough to describe but basically if the damn hvac vent didn’t hit the back of the steering wheel instead of my face and the interior wasn’t as familiar as the Porsche I had for the last 6+ years this car would be in my driveway though this model as well as the ‘S’ has this weird delay when needing power.
You've hit the nail on the head with the HVAC vent right behind the steering wheel. I don't need air blowing right on my face but I do need a phone 'hanging' on a vent visible. This works in every single car except the Macan its steering wheel blocks viewing my phone for Waze or google traffic. (I use and recommend Kenu for clipping to a vent).

I had a loaded sport edition ($68k msrp) 4-cyl as a 200mi loaner. It's peppy enough around town and holds 85-90 on the highway, gets the job done. But it and the macanurbo are very very different cars. There is no special feel at all to the 4-cyl when it's same competent engine in every other VAG product. The 3.6 feels like a proper porsche engine. Somehow the expected handling benefit, light front, of the base didn't materialize either, at least to me in my biased stage.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote