View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 09:55 AM   #165
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Nice writeup. That is lighter than I expected.
Thanks!

The SCCA scales in the Solo trailer are not known for repeatable 100% accuracy. I worked impound the day I weighed. I asked a lot of them if the weights we took were expected and everyone said they were within a few pounds.

Kevin and I both saw 3274 on the readout, but by the time I took a pic, it lost the right rear scale (and I didn't realize it until the car was back in paddock). The corner weights in the pic were (full trunk junk and 3/8 tank):

LF: 841 FLR: 847
LR: 758 RR: XXX

Scroggs' scale pic last year of his car fully stock with all trunk junk, etc and 1/8 tank was 3237 with splits:

LF: 829 RF: 867
LR: 764 RR: 777

Anything seem funny?

Scroggs' car has a pretty even L/R split in its F/R balance with about 0.7% spread. If I fill in 838 pounds for my RR to get a total of 3274, it jacks the weight in a way that makes my L/R split for F/R balance jump to a 2.3% spread, which seems huge. It also makes my LF and RR heavier (RR significantly so) than his and RF and LR lighter.

Maybe if the extra 3-4 gallons of fuel are all held on the right side of the tank? Maybe the scale positioning biased towards the RR? Maybe a little of both?

I want to put the car on another set of scales

Quote:
Would like to find a time to drive it!
Happy to set up a time.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote