View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #65
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Another - mostly - highway drive. 29mpg reported on 100mi, with 500+ miles range remaining.

Positives:

- If I sit further back - as there is no clutch to press - I can get comfortable. I've stopped fidgeting and adjusting, I just need to sit somewhere different than I do in a manual car (my last twenty or so cars with one small exception).

- Comfortable/serene on highway.

Some negatives, not major:

- definitely a bit floaty at speed, not something you drive at 85mph on the left lane cutting in and out (I guess you could if you paid crazy attention) but more relax with the family on the right or center lane at 70mph.

- nearside A-pillar has a blind spot. I find myself leaning to see towards LH apexes (as well as potential pedestrians crossing)

- parking sensors only on rear. A bit weird that there are all sorts of other sensors. My first experience with adaptive cruise (works well enough) and blind spot detection (pretty nice for checking far cross traffic when you are reversing)

- emergency brake seems weak. I'm going to complain, I can easily drive with it off.

The dog was in it for the first time today (with a seat cover). She needs the window open at 23F unfortunately. Also more returns in that carried 3 bags of cement. Sure cars carry that too... The other month I had 500lbs of tile & kitchen construction materials in my 535i and I felt sorry for the rear suspension. Put it on firm and it helped a bit.

This one, I don't feel extra passengers or 200lbs of cargo at all.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote