View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 10:21 AM   #21
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
A very limited amount. Professional install and the pre-cut kits for most sections are more than I'm willing to pay.

The turbo Camaro fared pretty well except for the section just forward of the rear wheel wells (rock chips kicked up from front tires). I'm going to apply some Xpel Ultimate Plus to protect against that. I may apply a strip on the leading edge of the roof (because it would be cheap and easy), and there are the pieces that I already applied to the door edges. I also keep meaning to look at the front bumper to see if there are sections I think I can cut an apply well to cover vulnerable parts, but haven't yet.

If I had easy access to a photo like that, I would have used it, too.
I'll say that on the BMW, the flared rear wheel arches are covered by a small amount of PPF--and where they aren't covered, there is a fine sandblast of chips that looks like dust that never goes away. I would absolutely do more coverage on areas like that if I got a new car.

At the same time, the similar protectant film on the rear fenders of the Porsche looks like absolute crap. Not as bad as the pic I posted above, but...maybe not too far off. The saving grace for me is that my car isn't white, so it's not as noticeable. I suspect that PPF has come a long was since 2006, and I keep meaning to order new film for the Boxster, but I haven't gotten around to it.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote