View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 02:22 PM   #136
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
Clyde, car looked good out there on Sunday. Thoughts?
Bear this in mind: No alignment and haven't done the thing that should get me close to -2.0 front camber (loosen bolts fastening strut housing to knuckle, push strut, re-tighten). Tires had about 400 street miles and one T&T event with maybe 9 dry runs before the rain in the cold spread over a couple hours. Tires never got hot there, so hard to say if they've heat cycled and RE71s seem to work better after the first cycle, so...

So, anyway...

It's kind of hard to say. It felt insanely good out of the box and was tons of fun to drive. Like, ridiculously so. Very neutral and balanced oh so nicely. Overall, it gave me giggly feelings.

With it aligned like it is, it was very predictable and stable. It just did what you asked of it. It communicates, but not like a real two way conversation, so when you tell it to do something, it eagerly does it and after it's done you find out if you told it the right thing.

Faster steering would be nice, but not a big deal.

Shocks would be nice, but not nice enough to spend for custom stuff. Body roll is noticeably present. I'm not sure it needs something different. I'm going to do the camber thing tonight (I hope), align it Wednesday and see how it goes in NJ a couple days later.

Visibility wasn't an issue for me on course. Kevin needs a little more time to adjust to the width (coned each run on the passenger side, almost all inside rear).

I can't think of any significant vices. The boost is a thing that has to be managed and more linear delivery would be nicer, but it's more a characteristic than a negative trait.

For driving in autocross, I can't think of anything new that has a similar fun/$ ratio. The worst thing is probably that I bought it two years too late to get full autocross value.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote