Thread: Jeep Unlimited
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 01:06 PM   #18
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
It’s not that she needs a second car it’s that I want her to have a car at school to drive to the airport, do her errrands, etc. I am very uncomfortable with her having to take an Uber to get around being she is an 18 year old girl and I really don’t like her asking a friend hence a guy for a ride plus the airports are a 1 hour drive which REALLY makes me nervous if she were to take an Uber.

The original plan was to ship her car down to school, then when checking into the costs I realized I could just get her a car for school and it would be pretty close to the same dollars plus reality setting in I also realized that having a New Audi sitting in Florida on campus is not really a great idea ...

This is my whole being a protective Dad thing kicking in ... I’ve just read too many stories about women taking Uber’s and now the driver stalks them being the driver has their contact information and knows where they live, their phone number, etc.
Does the Amtrak car train from NYC to Florida still exist?

Edit: Runs from Lorton, VA to Sanford, FL, wherever that is. https://www.amtrak.com/auto-train
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote