View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 07:06 AM   #141
blee
Doctor Mudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
The original E46 M3 shocks were horribly valved for the car. Brand new, it uncomfortably crashed over road imperfections and they never seemed to be in sync with the springs. I think he off the self single adjustable Konis made a huge improvement to the point the car was comfortable. I remember driving Nick’s blue M3 down 895 one night when the suspension was completely stock and all I could think was “how can people say this is a great car?” When the Only thing different were the Konis, it was really nice.

Now that I’m thinkgonna Ng about it, maybe it wasn’t Konis, but some other brand. Hmm....
Interesting. I remember driving Nick's and JST's M3s when they were relatively fresh, but I don't remember that. I'm also curious to know why there are still some folks out there who insist that the OE parts are the best choice for this car. If I hadn't gone with coilovers, I would probably have gone with Konis and maybe Eibachs.

I continue to be impressed by the new suspension on my car. Even crappy roads feel better. It'll have around 40-50 miles on it by the time I get home tomorrow morning, which I think is enough to check the alignment and see if it's settled at all since installation.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote