View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 10:04 PM   #56
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...o-zl1-1le.html

Saw this listed while browsing the marketplace. Not sure if the price is decent or if it matches what you're looking for (I don't get all the Camaro letters and what they mean), but figured it wouldn't hurt to drop it here.
Thanks. The price range for the ZL1 1LEs seems to be low $50s to mid $60s, depending. While I'd love to have one, it's not the car for me and I haven't been paying too much attention

The ZL1 is the king of the 6th gen Camaro mountain with a supercharged LT4 V8 making 650/650.

I'm looking at the 1SS (maybe 2SS, which is basically the same with more convenience options), which is powered by the regular normally aspirated V8 making 455/455

The 1LE part is a package available on all Camaros that is primarily wheels and suspension. The parts differ depending on which engine is in the car and basically gets better and better the higher up you go.

The 4 cylinder and V6 versions get the suspension and wheels from the non-1LE regular V8 car, which is an upgrade but not really all that special (and for the turbo, I'm not sure it's really "better" in terms of performance because it changes the wheels form 18x8.5 all around to 20x8.5 up front and 20x9x5 in back).

The SS 1LE cars see their wheels go from that 20x8.5/20x9.5 to 20x10/20x11, very good magnetic shocks, bigger bars, and stiffer springs, plus a very trick eLSD.

The ZL1 version gets even better magnetic shocks and a better version of the eLSD.

All the 1LE cars also come with heavier duty cooling parts. The V8 ones come with Recaros and become optional in teh turbo and V6 cars. A performance data recorder (records straight ahead video with a lot of data overlays and is super useful in autocross situations) is optional for all 1LE cars (may be standard on ZL1, but not sure). There are also some aero bits on the V8 cars that vary depending on which one, and some cosmetic things (like black satin wrapped hoods) that are standard on all.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote