View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 12:12 AM   #345
clyde
Chief title editor

I doubt the email to the GM was seen, but I did wind up speaking with a salesman, sales manager and the general sales manager this evening and it was every bit the shit experience you can imagine.

They all read the same script. “Your presence is your leverage. We don’t talk about price on the phone or email because it’s too easy for you to take our pricing to beat up another dealer. Our website pricing is very aggressive. We sell over 300 cars a month. I understand it’s a long trip for you to visit, but we will make it worth your time to come in. It’s the end of the month in a couple days and the website pricing WILL change due to expiring Chevrolet incentives. What time can we expect you?”

What pisses me off second most is their website pricing is pretty competitive compared to everyone else even when re-adding $1k destination (which they, like about half the other Chevy dealers, include in the “discount” from MSRP and then add back in the small print) and $900 in doc fees.

The biggest part that pisses me off is that my guess is that I probably won’t be able to strike a better deal on a new one anytime soon.

Anyone want to guess how much “make it worth [my] while” equals in dollars?

Feeling like I’m going to have hold my nose and take solace in giving hem 1s across the board on the survey.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote