Thread: 535i Loaner
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post

It defaults to auto engine shutdown start up. Just plain weird to have the engine shut off randomly.
This is the worst feature ... Fortunately BMW now allows you to turn this feature to the last used ... so in other words it now stays off ... even when you restart the car.

Quote:
The shifter makes no sense. How many years have automatic transmissions be PRND???? This one assumes at start up you are in neutral, so you push FORWARD for REVERSE. Shifter works like you are in manual mode or SMG shifter, in that it comes back to center every time. From reverse to drive is pull it back once. So what happened to neutral???? For Park, you push a button on the top of the shifter. And to shift, you have to push a button on the side of the shifter, some of the time. And if you don't push the buttom when it wants you to, see the error message annoyance above.
You get used to it and it feels normal after a little time

Quote:
It has Sport and Comfort, but sometimes it seems to be confused. I pushed Sport and it seemed very floaty on the suspension. So I pushed Comfort and it was more controlled. Pushed Sport again, and it really finally seemed like a Sport setting with a bit tighter and stiffer setup. .
The M sport package gives you more of what you want ... 5 different modes and 2 of them are sport ... when packaged with the optional Sport auto transmission and you put both transmission and suspension settings in sport it becomes much more aggressive and the steering tightens up as well.
Plus the M sports larger wheels give a firmer ride

Quote:
"Keyless" entry. You have to use the fob to lock the car, but if you walk up with the "key" in your pocket, you just pull the driver door handle and the car unlocks.
With the keyless you should be able to touch the top of the door handle to lock the car

Quote:

Start/stop button. Really? WHY?
How are you going to start the car without this ?
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote