View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 12:35 PM   #5
Biggins
Crotchety

Carmudgeonly Ride: 22 Tiguan, 11 328i
We've talked some about this topic a bit. I know autocross has become a very important part of your decisions, so I would say to get something that is very competitive or "the car" in whatever class you want to run. If you're like my new outlook on this, you're going to think about what you could have done differently, but if you're in a car other than "the car" for the class with the best prep, we know the outcome won't be what we want. That's the reason I was driving the Civic Si this year.

If top national event autocross results are a secondary motivation for your next purchase, get your V8! Even with a V8, I think you would do well but may not fully be where you want to be in autocross results with the V8.

I still love my FR-S and will eventually get to the STX class where I want to be, but I don't think you would love SSC. Though, they're great cars and the rules stability seems ideal for next year.

I hate saying it because I will probably be running against you at local stuff in my FR-S next year, but I think your answer is the ND2 Miata. It is "the car" for the class and only needs some tires, Konis, and a front bar.

I love the M3s and the Type R, but I don't know if they'd be your best choice?

It's not on your list and you've already had the FoST, but I enjoyed the Civic Si this year and enjoyed being in a competitive car. My coworker who bought his FoST when you did just traded his for a new Si and loves the Si. I think it puts you down the road you went several years ago, so I don't think I can recommend it for you, but I really like the new Si!

C6 Corvette? They're not for me, but they also have a V8.
Biggins is offline   Reply With Quote