View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 09:09 AM   #10
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Mixing a whole lot of apples and oranges.

That car is a 2.0T four banger with the 2LT package. That package in 2018 was basically the "Technology Package" of larger (8" vs 7") center screen, Bose and two extra speakers that my car has; heated and ventilated leather seats, dual zone climate, eight speed slushie; and remote start (although you can get the 2LT with a stick and sans remote start, too).

2LT was only available on the 4 and 6 cylinder cars. The V8s were either 1SS (which were similarly equipped to the base/1LS smaller engine cars) or 2SS which included everything from the 2LT and a little more. The differences across these packages were all basically comfort/convenience type things.

The cars came/come with a few ala carte performance options, most being dealer installed. There's a brake package, a springs/shocks/bars package, a HD cooling package, etc. There's also a dealer installed "1LE Suspension Package" for the V8 cars that includes parts of the full 1LE pacakge.

The V8 and V6 cars have had a 1LE package available since 2017 model year.

On the V6, the 1LE package replaced the V6s standard shocks, springs and bars with those of the regular V8 versions, (I think) added the HD cooling package, and black satin wrap for the hood.

The V8 1LE package includes stiffer springs, mag shocks, slightly different suspension geometry allowing a lot more camber, much wider wheels, a very trick and magical electronic LSD, HD cooling, big brakes, and allowed the further selection of Recaro seats and a performance data recorder (PDR) that records data and video available.

In 2019, a 1LE package was made available for the four cylinder that includes the same V6 1LE package and opened the door to Recaros and the PDR.

The 1LE for the V8 is a $7k option (MSRP) and $4500 for the four cylinder (and i think similar pricing on the V6). The Recaros add another$1600 and PDR $1300.

The Hot Wheels thing was a special color, some interior trim, and stuff like that. Nothing really meaningful, but makes the car feel a lot nicer. There is also an RS package that adds some LED things, changes some trim colors,upgrades the instrument area dash display (enough that I've thought about retrofitting), and includes 20" (vs 18" base) wheels, but nothing really performance meaningful.

MSRP on my car was $29ish. The car you're looking at is a much "nicer" car. Much of what reminds me that I have a cheap GM car is in the interior and they are (mostly) suitably addressed on the car you linked. Whether that makes it worth the MSRP or what they're asking, You need to do some research. Chevy does not do a good job at making window stickers available (Ford is amazing). If the dealer doesn't have it on their site, you need to ask them for it.

I used the encoder on this page https://chevroletforum.com/forum/vindecoder.php And it comes up with different price data than on the car link I posted above. Big difference. I'd rather be better educated before making the hour + drive to check out this car in person.

I guess I'll give them my contact data and ask for the window sticker info.

Thanks for your input!