View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #80
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
Last month I took my e46 to the dealer for a NY State inspection and to get a new key programmed. They actually found and performed 3 recalls: passenger airbag, driver airbag, and a tail light wiring harness.

They managed to;

1. Forgot to bill me for the new key
2. Billed me for the programming even though they said they wouldn't
3. Scratched my wood trim when installing the passenger airbag
4. Deprogram the car's customizable locking behavior (one click unlocks all doors, etc)

They promised me a replacement for the wood trim piece (despite not getting it to me yet), but I'm not letting them install it. I'll just put it on a shelf. The scratches aren't that bad and I'm skeptical the color will match.
It's been almost 2 months now, and I don't have my wood trim. I've called the dealer 5 times. The SA has promised me he'd get back to me several times and he has never called me once.

I'm going to talk to the service manager to get my damn wood trim. But.. what would you do regarding the survey? The options are

1) Slam them. They suck and they deserve it.

2) Blackmail them for something. The problem is, I don't want anything. Well, unless they were willing to sell me parts at cost (like a new bumper cover that is ~$700 MSRP?)

#2 feels weird. Isn't #1 the right thing to do?
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote