View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #253
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
I really really want to like the mustang. I never did before this latest iteration. I think it has, well at least looks so online, reached a level of refinement I can deal with. The interior has gotten leaps and bounds better with nice interfaces (Digital dash) and nice seats (Optional Recaro's). Only some bad hard plastics remain on parts of the doors if you get the premium interior upgrade.

I also like the exterior styling of the 2018 and the newly available options. (Magnaride on the GT esp) And 460hp is plenty for any US roads.

Buying one though means massive depreciation as soon as you drive off the lot.
I really like the 2018 Mustang as well. If I could justify a 2 door car, I think I'd buy a new GT fully optioned out. A used 991.1 would be tempting as well but that's atleast another 10k at this point. Agree on the M2 just not being that interesting (despite looking good spec-wise).

But it is a big car for having so little interior space. That's why my current object of desire is any 2015+ SRT powered Charger. Interior and build quality aren't as good, but the great sound makes up for it and you can get them with every creature comfort (cooled seats, adaptive cruise, carplay etc).
robg is offline   Reply With Quote