View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 12:28 AM   #59
Terri Kennedy
There and back again

Carmudgeonly Ride: 2003 BMW 325xiT; looking for a new fun car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
2. Billed me for the programming even though they said they wouldn't
The only "programming" is to initialize the remote lock / unlock, which you can do yourself. The actual "start the car" stuff is factory coded. It is possible to have per-key customization options, but no dealer in the US knows about that.
Quote:
3. Scratched my wood trim when installing the passenger airbag. They promised me a replacement for the wood trim piece (despite not getting it to me yet), but I'm not letting them install it. I'll just put it on a shelf. The scratches aren't that bad and I'm skeptical the color will match.
That's what worries me about getting this recall done. I have Birch Anthracite Individual and the 3 pieces that make up the dash wood are all from a single piece of wood, for matching grain.
Quote:
4. Deprogram the car's customizable locking behavior (one click unlocks all doors, etc)
That's General Module coding and they shouldn't have been anywhere near that.
Quote:
And I doubt this is related, but my radio reception is now terrible and I don't recall it being an issue before the visit. I'm wondering if the antenna wire runs anywhere near the tail light harness they touched?
Yes. It is on the driver's side:

The square black box with the white label just in front of the blue warning triangle box at the top is the antenna amplifier. The somewhat larger square black box further to the front is a half-assed LoJack installation.
Terri Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote