View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 08:47 PM   #129
blee
Doctor Mudgeon

I got the front toe figured out today. Many thanks to Terry for selling me his Longacre equipment. The camber appears to be fine as is, although the QuickSet mounting thingy for the gauge is not a good solution for the OEM 19" wheels. I can't get all three of the mounting studs to sit in the same space (such as between spokes) on the wheel, and therefore can't really guarantee that I'm measuring the camber accurately. That said, by my measurements it looks to be fine. I wonder if Longacre offers something that would let me mount the gauge using the little holes between the lug bolts...

Anyway, it was super easy to measure the toe, and fairly simple to adjust the tie rods. My car is on the stock suspension so I had just enough space to slide my arm/shoulder under the front end to reach the tie rods. The trick was in figuring out just how much to adjust them, not only to get the steering wheel straight again, but also to set an appropriate amount of toe. It took a few evolutions of wrenching and driving around the block before I was happy.

EDIT: Oh, I found it. http://www.longacreracing.com/produc...82;+LW+Adapter

Apparently this version of the adapter is designed for larger wheels and the studs have a lip for securing to the outside edge.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote