Thread: I'm bored
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 11:07 AM   #15
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
In all seriousness, your place doesn't have a garage, right? So buying something old (a 928? Seriously?) that will break down all the time or at the very least have frequent niggling failures is going to get old really fast without a place to work on it. And do you really want to work on old cars, anyway?

I'm with you on the "I'm bored" thing, and that was part of the motivation for starting the build on the RX-8. Worst case it was going to keep me occupied for a few years and prevent me from buying something new and shiny.

Best case, it confirmed to me that I'm just not that into "new and shiny" anymore. But I've got the space to work on stuff, and I don't have a lot of other stuff taking up time (like kids and pet rats).

So, I dunno, my suggestion would be to do one of two things (or maybe both). 1) Find out what the various orgs have planned for track events this year, and take the Boxster out to see if it scratches the itch. If not, then 2) go drive an old (something) and see if that scratches the itch. Maybe an E36. Maybe an E46 M. But not, for the love of god, a 928.

So...my takeaway here is that you are definitely suggesting that I get a 928.

The garage thing is a constant annoyance. It is one of the reasons I would move, and I have been thinking about that. And, yeah, I do think it would be fun to be able to wrench on a car, esp now that the kids are older. But finding the right place in the right school district is...challenging.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote