Thread: MudgeonFest
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 10:23 PM   #10
Jon
Getting Old

Carmudgeonly Ride: 2013 e92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
Last time I heard "Bimmerfest East" was this when it was at Nassau Coliseum, and collocated with a BMWCCA autocross I attended.

Jon, did you join forces with those guys? Or did you find that lawyer you were looking for and run them out of town?

At the '04 event I recall that one fine, upstanding gentlemen had somewhat bad aim while using the porta potty... It happens to the best of us at times, but not usually when taking a shit.

That's all I remember from the event. Oh that and Dado's car blew something while he was doing his drift show and dumped oil all over our autox course, so we were delayed while it was cleaned up. Good times.

I actually managed to get the name trademarked back in 2006. The "Bimmerfest East" (2.0) organizers who had asked me for permission to use the name had tried and failed to register the TM. Since then we have been planning an East Coast show. 2 years ago we were but a pubic hair away from a joint event with the PDC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
It's on the calendar.

And I look forward to finally meeting you, Jon.

BTW, in case anyone didn't make the connection, Jon is referring to Bimmerfest East.

That's what I am excited about. Finally, an opportunity to me all of you guys after a decade of friendship online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Cool. But no chance for me. Maybe another year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
What ever happened to Dado?
I haven't heard anything about Dado for years. He was in a totally different crowd...
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote