Thread: Jeep Unlimited
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 01:57 PM   #38
Nick M3
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
The safer option is you drive yourself in your own car ... I have a friend (ex friend now) who is currently an uber driver, not only was he sent to Jail because he was stalking his ex girlfriend, he also told a mutual friend that he goes to strip clubs when they close so when the dancers need an uber he can pick them up ... this same guy was fined by NY City almost $1 million for scamming people stating he could get them acting work if you just allowed him to take pictures and set you up a portfolio.

BTW I do use Uber so I'm not against it at all, I am just trying to come up with a solution to one of my concerns.

Of course that is a huge concern and it is just one of many that as a parent you sit home and worry about. I hope I've taught my kids well enough that they won't ever put themselves in that position.
I really doubt that an 18-year old driving him/herself is safer than taking a Lyft/uber.

And your daughter is 18. She's going to make some really, really bad decisions. I know I did, and I'm pretty sure that you did too. Between teenage judgement, peer pressure, Florida (so I pretty much assume it's a party school - and my Dad graduated from FSU and my grandfather was a professor there, so don't think that I have something against Florida schools), I can pretty much guarantee that she's going to get in to stupid shit.
1995 M3 S50B32
1990 325is
1989 M3 S54B32

Hers:
1989 325iX
1996 911 Turbo

Nick M3 is offline   Reply With Quote