Thread: Jeep Unlimited
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 09:30 AM   #33
ff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
Just curious, did you go to FSC ? Do you live close to that area and have a car service you trust ? I did tell her to check into the shuttles, between break, thanksgiving and a family event this semester so far she is booked on 3 round trip flights with a 4th happening at Xmas so there are quite a few trips back and forth to the airport.
I didn't go to school at FSC, but it's one of the schools we looked at with my daughter. It's reasonably close to where we live (~ 28 miles away).

I've used Super Shuttle in the past to get to the Tampa airport. You share the ride with as many other people as they can fit in the van, comfortably. It isn't necessarily a pleasant ride, but it works as long as your schedule meshes nicely with theirs.

I see that SuperShuttle does service the Lakeland area, and they also have options with "EXECUCAR" where you can ride in a car or SUV. More expensive, but maybe a better option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
I don’t mind Uber in a group setting, just not comfortable when alone.
I know how you feel. I've had several discussions with my daughter about being smart out there in the real world. Being observant of the things around her, and avoiding situations that put her at risk (like walking home from marching band alone, after dark, no matter how safe she feels doing so). I've had plenty of good experiences with uber, but all it would take is one bad apple...
ff is offline   Reply With Quote