View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 08:08 PM   #62
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
Here go my wild guesses...

The carvana offer on your car will drop. It may not drop as much as new car $$$'s but it will.

If you have a spare car you can drive around, a month or two from now may be the time to go aggressive/contrarian and get the car you want for less. A year from now may be even better (though that's too far ahead). Is your job at risk? Probably not. Many people's living will be and the economy/lack of demand will reflect that.
Agree that the offer will drop and probably soon.

OTOH, If I'm looking three months out, it's kind of hard to see the car being worth much less than $14k (and if it is, everything else in the world will probably have me less inclined to buy a new car at all).

If I sell it now, I "save" $3k in comparison. Between everything involved, I suspect getting a temp car for three months will cost me $2500ish and add some non-$ intangibles. At that point, I think I'm better off sticking with the Camaro right now. I think. Not 100% sure.

No job security considerations in play. (One of the very good things working for who I work for.)

It's a weird and interesting time from the car purchase perspective.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote