View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 06:07 PM   #17
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
It's interesting to me that it's possible to summarize four and a half years of work in just a few pictures and words.

The Bimmerhaus thing was a good lesson to learn. It's mostly public knowledge at this point but it was a complete cluster. Bimmerhaus didn't own the car, so we didn't deal with them on price, we only got from them a list of what was on the car, what spares they had for it, and what condition it was in (none of which ended up being truly accurate). The sellers hadn't actually seen the car in years so all we were negotiating on with them was price. At the time we thought we were getting a screaming deal... in retrospect we probably paid about what we should have paid, or maybe a little too much. But the seller wouldn't take less for it. At this point I have no regrets.

It has been quite a ride.
What pisses me off about the car has been seeing you put everything into it and breaking every year when it matters or something major just before leaving. It's kind amazing that you've been able to fix everything each year, but fuck, that's gotta get tiring.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote