View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 11:11 AM   #3
SARAFIL
I like BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: X5 M50 / M550
It's just my luck (and seems like it happens every year... maybe someone is trying to tell me something?) that I always get stuck with snow a few days before I'm ready to put my snow tires on my car.

Two years ago, I got stuck on some unplowed streets after an early storm because I was waiting for my tires to come in.

Last year, I had a blow out right after I put the tires on, and then we had a snow storm before I was able to get a replacement and I had to make my way through the snow with 3 snow tires and a mini-spare.

Late last year, I hit something in the road and blew out another tire. Being lazy (and since it was already time to put my summer tires on), I decided to wait until this season to get a replacement tire. Shame on me... Bridgestone is phasing out the LM-22, it seems, and they no longer make a regular version in 225/45HR17 this year. After an endless search, I had to order two LM-25s so I would have the same rubber on both sides of the axle. Now, I'm waiting for the tires to come in early this week, and I look outside this morning to find snow on the ground.

The only saving grace is that we have two other AWD cars that can get me where I need to go... my car can stay in the garage for a while.