View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 03:02 PM   #7
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
I'm really not understanding this whole statement.

They changed a front and a rear? The front and rear have different treads?
All the tires are the same exact brand, size etc.

I didn't want to bore anyone with the details but here is what has happened with this car, throughout it's 39k miles each tire gets replaced one at a time because either a tire has a bubble, hit a curb, has a leak that is not repairable etc. or should I say because the kid was 19 when I got him the car 3 yrs ago.

So fast forward to 2020 and the Driver's side had one tire replaced then shortly after had the other replaced. So basically 2 new tires on the driver's side which I didn't realize because I would have told the dealer put the newer ones on one axle and the older ones on the other axel.

The other day my son told me the car isn't good in the rain and he thinks it's the tires ... I checked the tires and the 2 passenger tires are at or below the wear bars.

This time around I decided I will go to the local shop instead of the dealer who btw are BMW owners and fanatics and will have them replace the 2 passenger side tires but have them switch it around so the brand new tires will go on the rear (thanks Nick)

Last edited by Alan; 07-17-2020 at 09:22 AM.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote