Thread: 2019 E450 Wagon
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 08:56 AM   #4
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
What made this car so special was the options list. It had A LOT of options. Upgraded interior (Black Designo), Massaging/ heating/ cooling seats, accoustic & IR blocking glass, ionic air purification, full air suspension, full self driving... A LOT.

It was the only car I had seen with the black designo interior, and it is really pretty.

Along with the interior & exterior color + nice wheels, it was in amazing condition and low miles (14,8xx). It was also built on my Birthday (4/8/2019) so it seemed like fate.

Thanks to JST for taking a look at it and confirming it was as nice as I hoped.

Secretly I was worried that it was a press car or odd use case due to the build and how similar it was to the Car and Driver tester and other review vehicles. Plus it was at a Honda dealership, which I couldn't figure out how they wound up with it.

Luckily, the dealership left the previous owner's info in the car, so I reached out to him on Linked-In and we chatted for 45 mins last night. He's an awesome guy, ordered it himself, tracked it for 6 months through the build and shipping process and drove it 10k the first year. Then COVID hit, it sat in his garage and he thought 'what a waste of money' so he traded it in on a new Accord at the honda dealership I got it from 6 days before I bought it. He sent me all his maintenance records, and some other info. Really nice to catch up with him and get the full history of the car.

Edit: I got to get some work done, but I'll post first 300 mile driving impressions later today, but suffice to say I don't miss the extra power of the e63.
Love the pix of your son and dog crammed in the back!

This wagon is a real find. Can't believe the previous owner traded it in on an Accord...
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote