View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 09:17 PM   #7
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
First, Josh, thanks again for checking it out for me. I wouldn't have gone forward without someone getting eyes on it. I'm glad you enjoyed the massaging seats and the fragrance dispenser...

(Did you actually try the fragrance dispenser, and if so what did it smell like?)

Truth be told, I would check that option box if I was buying new, not for the fragrance dispenser but for the full ionic and charcoal HEPA filter that comes with it - allergy free environment.

i put a deposit it on it. I won't believe that it actually went through until I have the keys on Wednesday. The sales guy is a complete PITA. But I wound up dealing with his manager and got pretty much what I wanted.

This came out of nowhere. I had mentioned in a couple of other threads that we were going to be replacing the x5 sometime in the next year. We had considered a new x3 after the LCI, but my wife really prefers wagons to SUVs. The e wagon is a nice package. I really lusted over an e63, but couldn't justify the outrageousness of them. I had been doing a lot of research to understand the s213 (2017 on e wagons) and had been scouring sales ads mostly just to get an idea of what was out there, what the prices were etc.

I found this one and liked it. I had not seen that interior (Black "Designo - a $4900 option) on any other cars I had looked at but really liked it. When I dove into the options and saw it had well over $20k in all sorts of fun boxes checked, the price seemed really good. I ran it by my wife and she was more excited about it than most of my stupid car search ideas, so I worked with the dealership on a trade # and tried to keep the options low key. They realized their mistake in the pricing mid way through the day and I thought they weren't going to honor the listed price. Luckily I had one email in writing to push back with and it all sort of fell together.

We'll pick it up Wednesday (if nothing goes south with the dealership in the mean time).

and yea, sometime between now and the end of the year we'll probably grab a beater.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote