View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 02:53 PM   #6
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
This is all a reminder that I don't drive my 981S nearly enough. It matches most/all of what FC is looking for... But, the big but, is I can't think of a single another car around $45k (or heck $60k) that is going to be as satisfying on a number of levels (sporty, 2-seater, comfy on the highway, H6, also the more than decent optioning on mine)... I feel like if I doubt my sale, it would be nearly impossible to find a similar one, so I keep... Strange.

I've also thought of going to a 991.2 after these four nice years with the 981S. But that car is going to sit as well and if I'm lucky I'll pay $30k on top, if not $40k with tax etc. So cannot really justify that either.

Big if... If, Josh points out the right 991.2, if I fall for it, then yes, the 981S will go on the market. I'm ok with somewhere in the mid-40's, not exactly sure where. I do think the GTS premium is not really justified if the S options are in place (also remember the annoying in-cabin sound boom that I'd have to delete if I got the GTS, drove two back in 2016).
equ is offline   Reply With Quote