View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 03:39 PM   #13
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
I figured. I'm buying new pads all around and new rear rotors.
Update/rant:

I went ahead and ordered a full set of OEM pads and rear rotors - or so I thought.

Waited 1.5 weeks for parts to arrive only to find I had received front rotors. Yup, I ordered front ones by accident. In my defense, the site had suggested these when I added the rear pads and the image looked (and still does) like solid discs, not vented like the fronts are. In addition, despite ordering the the proper kit, I got rear pads with no clips.

They were good enough to issue me a return label for the front rotors (I picked up shipping on the rears - not cheap) and they sent me a new set of pads. Except I received front pads. Forget it. I'll just keep them and clean and reuse my rear pad clips.

Fast forward a couple more weeks and the rear rotors finally arrive. I go to put them on on Tuesday night and (long story) I cross-thread a bolt into a slide pin. Ugh.

Yesterday morning I call the dealership and order all 4 rear caliper bolts (the gunked threads are partly to blame for the cross-threading) and new rear, lower, slide pin. They came in this morning. I go to pick them up and guy had ordered the front ones. HOW?! I read him the freakin' part numbers over the phone. GRRR.

So hopefully tomorrow I'll get the proper parts and get the stupid car down from the lift after nearly a month.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote