View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 12:00 PM   #18
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
I missed this thread earlier...

I had the Model S done when it was brand new (went in <1 week after delivery). Overall, I was very happy, but it was getting close to needing a re-do when I sold the Model S -- but I got a good 5+ years and ~94k miles out of it.

The only issues I had were:
1) some of the edges under the hood were starting to peal off. This is where they had wrapped it around the metal to the underside. I never did anything with it, but was concerning that these might eventually spread close enough to the edge that you could see it externally.
2) rock chips in the clear bra material. I had several. I forget which product I had, but it was not one of the newer self-healing materials (those were just starting to become avail when I had this done in 2013...)

As for yellowing, I didn't really notice that -- and I did have a white car. There was a little bit of yellowing visible on the same portions that were starting to peal off under the hood.

I had the "full front" treatment done -- hood, front bumper, headlights, front quarter panels, and front of the mirrors. I'm glad I did the full panels since partial panels show lines on many colors...